Saturday, May 1, 2010

Online Writing Gigs


I have been an online writer for several years now, so I thought that I would share some of my online writing gigs with you. So far, I have written for:
  1. Associated Content
  2. Helium
  3. Digital Journal
  4. Demand Studios
  5. Break Studios
  6. Inbox.com (paid forum poster)
  7. Today.com (now BlogDog) with my Mystery Tour blog
  8. Interact Media 
...and I write for a few other clients that are not as well known. 

So far, I have had an interesting experience, but have not made an impressive amount of money. Making money at online freelance writing is hard, and it's made even more so by bidding sites such as iFreelancer that allows their clients to post ridiculously low rates (I'm talking $2.00 for ten 500 word articles, for instance) and the writers who are willing to take such puny wages. 

Listen up, people. Writing is an ART and a SKILL. Good writers should be paid well. Yet, the wages that many of these online writng sites offer is insulting. But to get my start, I wrote many low paying articles, like so many other writers are doing.

Sigh...

In coming days, I will post my reviews of some of these freelance writing sites. In the meantime, feel free to share some of your experiences with me.

Image of keyboard by soopahtoe's at http://www.sxc.hu/profile/soopahtoe

No comments:

Post a Comment